Saturday 12 May 2018

I am back!

North Ealing
Wow, so 2017 and 2018 have been really busy years for me. I have not had much time to keep you updated with this blog, until now!

I have been busy with coursework, dissertation and exams, but finally, they are all over. So what does this mean? This means I will be back to blogging all things about the London Underground. However, one thing has changed since I last posted a blog entry, I now no longer live in London (for now?). I will keep on posting about the London Underground, but I will also, as some of you may have seen on my Instagram, be posting more generally about railways in Britain.

So just a reminder;

I have always been fascinated by the railways of Britain. That is probably because I come from an area, ironically, with little railways, Lincolnshire. Growing up I hardly ever used railways, because my parents drove everywhere as we had no services near where I live. When I turned fourteen, however, I started using railways and my love for them has grown ever since. Most weekends, and indeed weekdays I am travelling around Britain's railways and I thought it was about time I shared some of my personal highlights with you.

From quirky least used stations, to gorgeous Victorian architecture, to film locations and interestingly named stations, there is plenty to discover and enjoy from over 2500 stations. Many people see travelling by train as a chore, if this is you, welcome. I may convince you to experience something exciting on your next journey. I may even reveal a secret about a journey you do regularly that you thought you knew like the back of your hand.

Perhaps most exciting of all, is Britain's railways are going to become more accessible, more frequent and hopefully more popular in the near future, with more services and stations being introduced.

King's Cross St. Pancras
My interest in railways does not stop at National Rail, I am also fascinated by the London Underground and heritage railways. This blog is not a trainspotting blog. I have never written down a train's number, and nor do I have any desires to spot every train, but what I am interested in is the railways that help connect us all.

So sit back, relax and enjoy. You never know, the next time you go a train journey you might be inspired to experience something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment