Tuesday 2 May 2017

Suspended Service

Monument,
6th April 2017
Just a quick post today. I am writing to inform you the reason's why I have not been blogging so much lately. Some of you may know, but if you do not know, I am a second year university student, and I am now in full swing of coursework deadlines and examinations. So I am finding it a bit difficult to find the time to produce blogs of the quality I am happy with, therefore I thought I would you all know that I have not forgot about the blog or the challenge. 







I will still of course be making my way across the London Underground network, so please do follow my Instagram account; tubespottingdan for more updates and photos. I will still be posting later on in the month. Expect a blog post on the 12th May, mid way through my exams. My last exam is on the 25th May, and on the 26th May, I will be venturing out again to visit as many stations as I can. I will then spend the next weeks visiting all the stations I have not yet visited.

This means that in the summer I will have collected enough material, photos and information to continue to produce blog posts for you all. Expect a post every three days, maybe even more. 

There are some exciting posts I have been working on and will be published in early June. They are;

Which station will top
my list?
3rd April 2017
My top 10 London Underground stations
The question I get asked most is, 'what is your favourite underground station?' I answered this in my very first post, and said "it will likely change as I visit more of the stations". At the time I said Westminster, but since visiting more of the stations, of course more stations have entered my top 10. You won't be surprised to find Gants Hill and Oval in my top 10. This list will of course change, so I will let you know if and when it does.

The Elizabeth line comes to London
The new class of train, Class 345, will start serving the much anticipated Crossrail project this month (May), as trains are rolled out on the section of the railway from Liverpool Street to Shenfield known as TFL Rail. In this blog I will have ridden a Class 345 train, reviewed it, and engaged in my opinion on the debate of whether we should be calling the Elizabeth line, the Elizabeth line. 

Bibliography
Whilst I have learnt a lot about the London Underground by taking the time to explore the network in greater detail, I have read extensively around topics on the London Underground. In this post I will make reference to all the books, articles and websites that I think are excellent and that you should read, and I hope of course you continue to read mine, and you will also notice that my project is quite unique. 

What happens after I have visited all 270 stations?
Royal Victoria, a station on
the DLR.
7th April 2017
As I am nearing visiting all 270 London Underground stations, my thoughts are drawn towards the next challenge. I will have to wait until July to visit all the stations, as I have not yet currently visited Lancaster Gate, which is closed until July this year. A natural new challenge would be to visit all the DLR stations in London, and I will be doing that. But maybe, I have something else in line. A good friend of mine gave me an idea last month, and I will be working towards that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment